Structural Design and Testing
Our ambition is to develop methods for predicting the structural response of composite and metal structures subjected to complex loading. Through research and testing of failure mechanisms and progressive damage, we can create the foundation for better and safer wind turbine structures.
We work with design, manufacturing, modeling and testing of structures. We develop testing methods and measuring equipment for testing at full scale and for testing parts of structures. We embrace digitalization technologies and utilize sensors and digital twins to promote the efficiency and reliability of structures.
Structural dynamics & engineering
Solid & fracture mechanics
Metallurgy & corrosion
- Design and manufacturing
- Static and dynamic structural testing
- Sensors and measurement techniques
- Experimental modal testing and analysis
- Finite element modelling
- Damage progression and material degradation
- Ultimate strength and non-linear effects
- Thermo-mechanical model-ling of manufacturing process
- Machine learning and mathematical optimization
Research area & applications
- Structural design, innovative manufacturing and testing of wind turbine blades
- Test, analysis and simulation of support structures and metal components
- Scanning, inspection and structural health monitoring
- Creating and using digital twins of structures and their components
- Development of advanced software tools for design, fatigue and failure prediction.